The GEDC, together with the ECCI hosted the WA State Budget Breakfast on Tuesday 14 September with 34 people attending the event.
The Hon Reece R Whitby delivered and overview of what the Budget means for the Esperance Region and how the McGowan Labor Government plans to keep the Agricultural Region Strong. The Budget will invest billions to create quality local jobs, fund a pipeline of infrastructure works and deliver key services like health and education.
Investment and projects in the Esperance Region include:
· $14.6 million to be spent over the next three years to replace cladding on an iron ore shed at Esperance Port
· Revitalising WA’s TAFE sector and addressing skills needs
· Delivering high quality healthcare for all Western Australians, regardless of where they live
· Investing in a quality education for young people in the Agricultural Region including $1.5 million to Esperance Senior Hight School to deliver new and repurposed STEM classrooms
· Delivering record investment in regional roads and rail, and
· Keeping the community active, healthy and connected.