Employer: Southern Ports Esperance
About Southern Ports
Employing approximately 200 staff, Southern Ports principle role is to facilitate trade through the commercial management of efficient, sustainable, safe and customer-focused ports. We pride ourselves on supporting strong regional communities through the development of our strong regional ports in Albany, Bunbury and Esperance, while also operating a small office in West Perth. Our operations aid the mining, forestry, agriculture and tourism industry, which contribute to the $9.8billion to the West Australian economy. Southern Ports is a WA Government Trading Enterprise, with a commitment to returning a dividend to the WA Government.
Southern Ports is recruiting permanent full time, permanent part time and casual Shift Port Workers to join our team in Esperance specifically General Hands and Trades persons including Fitter’s, Electrician’s, Boilermaker’s and Masterclass Fives. Reporting to the Operations Superintendent the Shift Port Workers’ accountabilities and functions will include supporting Port Operations in its achievement of operational and maintenance objectives and other site-related activities.
- Providing flexibility to the Operational Shift Teams
- Complete ship’s mooring and let-go in accordance with port procedures
- Operation of machinery and vehicles required to handle cargo including but not limited to: front wheel loaders, light vehicles and ship-loaders
- Loading and unloading of cargo to or from ships holds
- Receipt, delivery, storage, handling and preparation of cargo
- Pilot vessel and line launch operations
- Report faults and hazards
- Inspections and maintenance of Port assets
- Hold forklift certificate, wheel loader and front end loader
- Previous experience of shift work/irregular hours
- The ability and willingness to work effectively and harmoniously within different teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take instruction and work without direct supervision
- Practical understanding of OH&S as it relates to the workplace
To be eligible for this role, applicants must reside in or be willing to relocate to Esperance and provide proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
The successful applicant must have a current WA driver’s licence, be able to obtain and maintain a Maritime Security Access Card and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol testing.
Closing date: 21/08/2020
How to Apply: We reserve the right to commence the recruitment process during the application period. Please contact Uli Sinnott, Human Resources Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9072 3377 for more information.