Employer: Southern Ports
Southern Ports operates as a Western Australian Government Trading Enterprise. The principal role of Southern Ports is to facilitate trade through the commercial management of efficient, sustainable, safe and customer focused ports and to return a dividend to the government of Western Australia. Southern Ports supports mining, forestry, agriculture and tourism trades, which contribute $9.8 billion to the WA economy, and employing approximately 240 staff. The company has four office locations: Albany, Bunbury, Esperance and West Perth.
About the role:
Reporting the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for the development and implementation of the human resource and organisational culture strategy. The successful applicant will be the point of contact and coach for both employees and leaders for human resource management, industrial relations, organisational development, training and development, and injury management matters.
Some key responsibilities include:
• Providing practical and appropriate advice to leaders in relation to enterprise agreements, employment contracts, and employment terms and conditions
• Coaching leaders and employees in the effective and efficient management of grievances and disciplinary related matters in accordance with policy and procedures
• Development and implementation of innovate human resource project, policies, and procedures in accordance with the human resources and organisation culture strategies.
• In consultation with the General Manager Sustainability and Human Resources Manager lead, the effective negotiation of enterprise agreements in accordance with the bargaining framework, including technical advice in relation to enterprise bargaining
• Providing effective case management
• Facilitating recruitment and selection processes in accordance with HR policy and procedures
• Providing coaching to regional leaders to develop their team members through training and development opportunities The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive experience in supporting line managers in the management of employment matters and organisational development initiatives.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills and demonstrated experience in applying these skills at all levels of an organisation.
• Proven experience in managing employee issues and assisting with the negotiation of employment arrangements.
• Up to date knowledge and understanding of employee and industrial relations philosophies and principles.
• Understanding of the role of staff welfare practices and policies.
• Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or related fields.
To be eligible for this full time role, applicants must reside in or be willing to relocate to Esperance and provide proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency. The successful applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Maritime Security Identification Card and undergo a pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol testing.
Southern Ports is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourages applications from Indigenous Australians and Non-Indigenous Australians together with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
How to apply: Please contact Shauna McCrea, Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org for a Position Description or more information.
Closing Date: 4/12/2020