Employer: Smith Shearer
• Are you looking for a role that offers genuine career development?
• Do you want to work in a supportive office environment?
• Do you have experience in an administration role or within a professional services office?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative and forward-thinking individual to join our administration team in a busy, high-volume client service focused position. There is the opportunity to for you immerse yourself in a range of projects to expand your current skillset.
About the Firm At Smith Shearer, our philosophy is “big firm capability, small firm personality”. We strive to provide excellence in accounting and business advisory services for our agribusiness, business and SMSF clients while maintaining the approachable, friendly feel of a small business. About the Role We’re looking for a Client Services Assistant to provide administrative support to the director and accounting team.
• Streamlining the flow of information in and out of the office
• Initiating work-in, following-up on outstanding information and checking-in work
• Providing administrative support to the Accounting team, including data entry and monitoring workflow
• Tax lodgement follow-ups
• Assisting with client billing
• Provision of business and corporate secretarial services About You
• While you don’t need prior experience in an accounting firm, it’s important that you have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• You should be motivated and show initiative, be highly organised with an eye for detail, and be willing to take on any task to support the efficient running of day-to-day operations.
• Your results driven and are not afraid to take charge to get the job done
• You must be open to new technology and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Knowledge of accounting software such as MYOB and Xero is highly regarded.
• We specialise in Agribusiness advisory and taxation; exposure to the agricultural sector or knowledge in agribusiness through hands-on experience is advantageous.
• Positive, supportive and professional working environment
• Work/life balance and flexible hours
• Opportunity to work with a team of experienced professionals with an emphasis on ongoing professional development
• Career support with long-term opportunities for professional growth We’ll provide all the training and support you’ll require; we just need you to bring the right attitude. If you have any queries or questions about the role, please email our practice manager Lynda at email@example.com. To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume to Seek. In your cover letter please don’t repeat your resume, we want to hear about you and why you think you have the right attitude to be Smith Shearer’s Client Services Assistant. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 31/05/2020
How to apply: Please upload your resume and cover letter to Seek or alternatively email them to firstname.lastname@example.org